Wednesday 21 October 2015

Claire's story

So, John has asked me to do a blog about my life with heart failure….my initial thoughts were ‘what do I put’?? / ‘I don’t like talking about myself’…..

 

Well, for starters, I can tell you….failure is not an option for me!!

I was diagnosed at 28, and was placed on the transplant list….there was no way at 28, with 3 gorgeous boys (1 of which was ONE day old at the time I was told) that I was having that transplant….at that point, my outlook was this will not control me, it will not dictate how I run my life, and it certainly won’t take me from my kids….I can’t change what’s happened, it just has, accept it, deal with it and get on with it…if you have to pop a few tablets every day to enjoy bringing up your gorgeous boys Claire - then sobeit’….to this day, I still have that positive outlook….
Don’t get me wrong, I do suffer, and I do have to listen to my body….but, I have a new friend to help me through, my ‘Percy the Pacemaker’….we are relatively new ‘friends’, but he has given me a new outlook….now is MY time….2 of my boys are now young men with their own lives, and my 10 year old will soon be going to high school and making new friends etc, thus not needing mum as much….so, Claire – do what YOU want now!!  So I have taken the plunge, and am beginning to fulfil my career….I am only 38, so young enough to build a ‘career’….so I have just registered to sit my mortgage advising exams….a 12 month gruelling study and exam process, but I am ready and I will NOT let heart failure stop my ambition….

No comments:

Post a Comment