Saturday 14 November 2015

Praise & how I hate it

I woke up today at 6am & got up at 6:45, I got my football coaches kit on, I don't know why as it hardly improves my performance as a coach but is the done thing, I empty washing machine & hang up clothes, then refill machine. I walk Hamish the dog, then into the car to go to Maryhill to pick my nephew up.
The match kicks off at 9:10 so I pick Jordan up just after 8 then next is picking up a player Patrick in Paisley so arriving at pitch at 8:45, my team lose 5-2 & I am gutted so then it is back to Glasgow with Jordan. Dropping him off at 10:45am. I loved my time with my 16yr old nephew.

On way home I realise the 1st team are playing at pitch on my way so I pop in & stay 20 minutes longer than I should. therefore finally arriving home at 11:50.
Lorna is waiting on me for breakfast but I forgot.

Make Lorna some breakfast, Empty washing machine, hang up the washing, put more in, have a shower, iron a shirt & off to work by 12:45 which is me till 22:30.
I get home & Lorna is already asleep As not feeling good today, make my stirfry dinner, empty washing machine, hang up washing & refill washing machine. I walk Hamish & get to bed at 12:30.  

18hrs on the go 

I have a friend Isobelle at work who always tells me that myself & Lorna knacker her out just trying to keep track of our life's on Facebook, I got a message today from another heart friend on Facebook messenger on how she admires myself & Lorna enjoying life. I have an old colleague I haven't heard from in about a year message today to say "how am I & loved your cycle stuff".
But this blog isn't about me it is about Lorna, currently well into her 6th week of being housebound & extremely restricted in movement due to her back, she is slowly improving as we wait on the procedure that hopefully will finally stop the pain but just getting out of bed is still so painful for her.

My day involved everything I love, my family, football, proving doctors wrong etc etc but none of it would be possible without Lorna. I literally thought today of nothing other than what I enjoy, not one bad or worrying thought. hardly a hard life even with heart failure.
Even in such pain she runs her Internet business & it is growing, she is planning Christmas for her business & us, she organises my whole life so I just do the things I love, without her I doubt I would still be in my present Job and I dread to think where I would be. She has finally brought contentness & calmness to my life.

So when I am praised for my life as a heart patient I genuinely feel slightly embarrassed because I find it so easy due to Lorna doing all the crap organisiding & boring bits I can't be bothered with. I look back on our 7 years together and we have achieved so much together as 2 heart patients just trying to enjoy life despite the difficulties.
Touring Scotland, Olympics, Commonwealth games, End2End. the list is endless & not over yet.

I love the John & Lorna show but I just wish Lorna would blog more because she is an amazing woman living not only with heart condition but now chronic back pain but still achieving so much. I will post this now and she will be so annoyed she didn't approve or edit it before I posted it,
My day was full, very tiring but so enjoyable only because Lorna makes it that way and I can never thank her enough for everything she does for me.
The show goes on  



No comments:

Post a Comment