Sunday 29 November 2015

Why blog

I didn't blog for a few weeks which didn't mean I wasn't looking for topics but rather i myself didn't find them deep enough for a detailed blog.

The point of writing a blog along with Facebook page "The John & Lorna show" is to highlight living with heart failure can be positive, the feedback about both is always positive. 

I sometimes wonder if both actually work in their aim but then I remember they also act as a reminder to both me & Lorna of our journey because as heart failure patients we forget majority of it so in the bad days they help raise the spirits.

So much goes on in our life. Lorna is fighting her back pain which will hopefully end soon with operation, through the night neither of us heart failure patients sleep well yet is strange to listen to someone cry out in pain while still asleep. Her business is going exceptionally well despite the pain & amount of painkillers/muscle relaxants She takes. I have become a house husband but in reality it just highlights our team ethos. Together we will fight through this like we always do.

Lorna is very interested in work of food bank charity Trussell trust who she is in contact with, we might do something for homeless this Christmas. Now Lorna up & moving more we can maybe book a wee road trip somewhere in Scotland.

I am genuinely interested after Conferance 2 weeks ago in role of primary care for heart patients especially GP surgery nurses, we have the contacts to take this forward in Scotland but will take focus. When we met the people involved in this I want to support them so much but am wary because it deserves our full focus but can we give that? 

My 2005's football team I coach have ended season with 75%+ win ratio, I have completed another coaching course, I do this & commit so much time to it because of Kyle yet when no parent would step forward to take on this bunch of no hopers possible 2nd team I knew full well I would need to become a fully qualified coach not through necessity but because my personality would demand it. but now my 16yr old nephew wants to go through my next stage youth coaching badges with me which I will love as I so enjoy being with him watching him grow into a young man.

I have grace up for new year as usual so how will we celebrate this year & look forward to next year. I have Austwiz in February with Morgan & Florence with Ally Bally later in April/March.. No doubt I will just need to get to airport after Lorna has organised it all.

I have my training for my 3 mile Loch lomand swim but am suffering an exercise hangover after John O'Groats/Lands End cycle so in reality haven't started. So much going on in my head around this yet I just can't get into pool.

Am enjoying work leading up to Christmas because since End2End I fully focus on it, my next steps are complete bar the usual captain Choas moments, my staff seem happy, dept is coming on & I feel in control. I completed a 12 hour shift other day with no real breaks but achieved so much. Explaining to fellow colleagues I just get into situation where my device ticks along at say 80/90 beats a minute for whole time, I am fully alert throughout yet so aware to sit down & with 50 seconds my whole body tempo will change probably for rest of day, fatigue & mind fog will come quickly. I know when get home this will happen.

So here I am having a lazy Sunday morning in bed with Lorna feeling guilty I am not up doing something rather than writing a blog but it has made me realise maybe this wee lazy Sunday morning is not as bad as it seems so highlights another benifit of blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment